Liza Belle's offers both scrapbooking/crafting supplies and vintage treasures! We can be found exclusively online at Liza Belle's on Etsy and Liza Belle's on Zibbet.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Growing Foreign Language Book Collection and Special of the Day!

"There is the fear, common to all English-only speakers, that the chief purpose of foreign languages is to make fun of us.  Otherwise, you know, why not just come out and say it?"  -  Barbara Ehrenreich  :)!

"Parents should conduct their arguments in quiet, respectful tones, but in a foreign language.  You'd be surprised what an inducement that is to the education of children." -Judith S. Marin   :)!


I am on a foreign book kick....I've come across some great foreign language books lately on my vintage hunting trips!  Here are a few that I've been able to pry out of my greedy hands and actually list in my shop!!!


Love this soft cover German book.  The font is fabulous......wonderful book to display or (ahhh! Heaven forbid) use for paper crafts!  I've got 3 others similar to this one that I'm keeping for myself.  I've already started making some cool scalloped circles for scrapbooking embellishments and little Christmas tree confetti out of one of the books I kept.....for some reason the German and the cool font just BEGGED me to use the pages for Christmas paper crafts.  I know....it's a sin to tear up a book that's sooooo cool, but I couldn't help myself!  :)  Click on the pic to see more details (and a look at the inside of the book).



This is such a pretty book!  I don't think I could bear to cut this one up.  I think the best use for this is adding it to a couple more French books in blue shades, tie a ribbon around them and make them into a cool vintage display!  I didn't have anymore blue French books....so had to list this one on its own!  :)  If you can read French, this is about the church's role in the French Revolution.



This is another French book.  This one is about WW1.  Fantastically horrific pictures of war and very cool maps and graphics abound in this book.  I love the embossed stark design on the cover.  Another great book to display.


NOW...for the fun SPECIAL of the DAY!!  Buy any vintage item from my ETSY SHOP and get one free paper crafting item (priced at $2 and under) for FREE!!!  Just specify which item you would like for FREE  in the "message to seller" section at checkout.  Just let me know if you have any questions......you can contact me on Etsy or leave a comment below and I will get back with you!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment